Tuesday 10 April 2012

Supposing him to be the gardener...

It was a rather busy Easter weekend with seemingly little time spent at Hazel Cottage.  I spent most of Good Friday at choir practice for a performance of Maunder's Olivet to Calvary in the evening, and we visited family and friends on Easter Sunday.  We did manage to fit in a lovely walk on the sunday and came across these beautiful flowers along the roadside.

 

We also saw a little egret wading in a local creek, although he was too far away for my camera to cope well.  We had some excitement the other week when we spotted three goldfinches in the hazel tree in one go!


Easter Monday brought April rain that was much needed, but kept us indoors all day.  This did mean that I finally had time to start my patchwork cushion.  If it works out, I will post a picture...

No comments:

Post a Comment